[Linux-cluster] Re: Multiple Active MySQL instances

David Brieck Jr. dbrieck at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 20:32:01 UTC 2006

On 10/13/06, Tom Mornini <tmornini at engineyard.com> wrote:
> David Brieck Jr. wrote:
> > On 9/18/06, David Brieck Jr. <dbrieck at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I've been trying to find more information about using GFS  and MySQL
> >> to create a simple active-active mysql cluster without the need for
> >> the actual mysql cluster (wouldn't work for our situation).
> >>
> >> The only thing I've seen on the mailing list is the following:
> >>
> >> -----
> >> It is possible to use mysql on shared storage with enabled
> >> external locking
> >> and also disabling the query cache and few other things:
> >>
> >> enable-locking
> >> query_cache_wlock_invalidate
> >> query_cache_size= 0
> >> query_cache_type= 0
> >> delay_key_write = OFF
> >> flush
>
> I too found this, and tried it. It worked well, except for the HUGE
> problem (in my case) that it only works for MyISAM tables.
>
> Additionally, I didn't test it all that well, as it was unsuitable
> otherwise.
>
> --
> -- Tom Mornini, CTO
> -- Engine Yard, Ruby on Rails Hosting
> -- Reliability, Ease of Use, Scalability
> -- (866) 518-YARD (9273)

Thanks for your response, I'm trying it as well right now. Not having
InnoDB tables isn't a huge problem for us, we can certainly work
around that with an additional server that just does innodb if we
absolutely need them.

Where there any other configurations you made to get it to work
properly? I'm using LVS to route traffic to the real servers in my
tests.

Thanks