Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS and samba problem, again

Hi Sandra,

Hi Abhi,

Your mail astonished me. The only difference between your environment and our is that you've RHEL4 and we've Fedora 5 with GFS.

I'll get FC5 installed on a test cluster and try it out.

I'm sorry about this but I have to insist. Are you completelly sure that your samba access was simoultaneous? because if you probe one client, and then another it isn't the same.
I found people that complain about the same problem we have:

Yes, the access was simultaneous. If you have a specific test, (specific types of files or windows programs) I can try that too. I'm not denying that you're seeing problems with GFS+samba :-). If I can reproduce your problem, I can chase it down and we'll know why this is happening.

Well, I had finally compiled GFS2 but I was uncapable to start cman daemons.
[root server2 ~]#  /etc/init.d/cman start
Starting cluster:
   Mounting configfs... done
   Starting ccsd... done
   Starting cman... failed
/usr/sbin/cman_tool: aisexec daemon didn't start

And I obtain this when I try: # strace /usr/sbin/cman_tool -t 120 -w join
connect(5, {sa_family=AF_FILE, path="/var/run/cman_admin"}, 110) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
write(2, "/usr/sbin/cman_tool: ", 21/usr/sbin/cman_tool: )   = 21
write(2, "aisexec daemon didn\'t start\n", 28aisexec daemon didn't start
) = 28

So I'm stalled by that way.

Looks like the openais component of the cluster is missing. The cluster architecture has changed quite a bit for GFS2. Please refer to this for help installing GFS2:

I'm downloading RHEL 30-days evaluating version and I'm also trying samba 3.0.23c compiling with cluster support.
I will tell you something as soon as I finish all test.