[Linux-cluster] virtual address went down? (with panic link)

jason at monsterjam.org jason at monsterjam.org
Fri Oct 20 00:40:30 UTC 2006

I think the mailing list doesnt like attachments, so heres a link to the panic that was supposed
to go along with this post.
http://monsterjam.org/crash/panic.jpg

I tried stopping the services on
the first box of my 2 node cluster:
service rgmanager stop
service gfs stop
service clvmd stop
service fenced stop
service cman stop
service ccsd stop

everything came down fine.
then I started em back up..
service ccsd start
this seemed to hang for about 2 minutes, then I got a panic..
as shown in the linked above  graphic..

this is on  2.6.9-34.ELsmp redhat  Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant
Update 4)
running ccs-1.0.3-0,
cman-kernel-hugemem-2.6.9-43.8
cman-kernel-2.6.9-43.8
cman-1.0.4-0
cman-kernel-smp-2.6.9-43.8
cman-kernheaders-2.6.9-43.8

 built from sources..

heres my cluster.conf

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<cluster config_version="22" name="progressive">
        <fence_daemon clean_start="0" post_fail_delay="0"
post_join_delay="3"/>
        <clusternodes>
                <clusternode name="tf1" votes="1">
                        <fence>
                                <method name="1">
                                        <device name="apc_power_switch"
option="                                                        off"
port="1" switch="1"/>
                                        <device name="apc_power_switch"
option="                                                        off"
port="2" switch="1"/>
                                        <device name="apc_power_switch"
option="                                                        on"
port="1" switch="1"/>
                                        <device name="apc_power_switch"
option="                                                        on"
port="2" switch="1"/>
                                </method>
                        </fence>
                </clusternode>
                <clusternode name="tf2" votes="1">
                        <fence>
                                <method name="1">
                                        <device name="apc_power_switch"
option="                                                        off"
port="3" switch="1"/>
                                        <device name="apc_power_switch"
option="                                                        off"
port="4" switch="1"/>
                                        <device name="apc_power_switch"
option="                                                        on"
port="3" switch="1"/>
                                        <device name="apc_power_switch"
option="                                                        on"
port="4" switch="1"/>
                                </method>
                        </fence>
                </clusternode>
        </clusternodes>
        <cman expected_votes="1" two_node="1"/>
        <fencedevices>
                <fencedevice agent="fence_apc" ipaddr="192.168.1.8"
login="xxx"
name="apc_power_switch" passwd="xxx"/>
        </fencedevices>
        <rm>
                <failoverdomains>
                        <failoverdomain name="httpd" ordered="1"
restricted="1">
                                <failoverdomainnode name="tf1"
priority="1"/>
                                <failoverdomainnode name="tf2"
priority="2"/>
                        </failoverdomain>
                </failoverdomains>
                <resources>
                        <script file="/etc/init.d/httpd"
name="cluster_apache"/>
                        <fs device="/dev/mapper/diskarray-lv1"
fstype="ext3" mou
ntpoint="/mnt/gfs/htdocs" name="apache_content"/>
                        <ip address="192.168.1.7" monitor_link="1"/>
                </resources>
                <service autostart="1" domain="httpd" name="Apache
Service">
                        <ip ref="192.168.1.7"/>
                        <script ref="cluster_apache"/>
                        <fs ref="apache_content"/>
                </service>
        </rm>
</cluster>

ooh and shortly after the first box came back up, the second one got
rebooted automagically (power fenced from the first one im guessing) for
good measure.

any help appreciated

Jason