[Linux-cluster] ccs files

My cluster *seems* to be working fine with only the /etc/cluster/cluster.conf
file. However, I read that I need to have nodes.ccs and fence.ccs as well. I
cannot however, find any info on where to place these files and if they are in
fact required?

Are there two different setups, one using ccs files and another using .conf
files?

Mike