[Linux-cluster] GFS Shut down script

isplist at logicore.net isplist at logicore.net
Sat Oct 21 20:11:38 UTC 2006

> These are the same scripts that start your services.  If you're running RHEL
> or some variation of that software (i.e. STABLE cvs branch, etc.) they
> will be:

Problem is, I was never able to get the cluster up by using auto loading
services. As such, I created a small script that fires everything up.

//
depmod -a
modprobe dm-mod
modprobe gfs
modprobe lock_dlm

ccsd
cman_tool join -w
fence_tool join -w
clvmd
vgchange -aly
//
Then what ever other things I wanted when firing up a node. As such, now I
need to shut these things down automatically when I reboot a node because it's
way too easy to foget and then mess up the cluster.

> /etc/rc.d/init.d/cman
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/clvmd
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/gfs

Could I add my shutdown commands into one of the above?

> However, if the gfs service can't unmount the gfs mount points
> because they're in use, then all bets are off and your cluster may
> not shut down cleanly.

That does seem to happen too regularly, I try to leave a cluster and things
break.

> http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/faq.html#cman_shutdown

Will do, thanks much.

Mike