[Linux-cluster] GFS performance problem

Riaan van Niekerk riaan at obsidian.co.za
Wed Oct 25 13:27:40 UTC 2006

FM wrote:
> Thank you for the answers.
>
> Another bottleneck that I could have is the way I connect to the SAN :
> device mapper multipath instead of the HP officiel module.
>
> I do not not if the performance can we increase with the official module  ?

There is no SecurePath for RHEL 4 (assuming that is what you mean by
"official module". That leaves you with
a) device-mapper-multipath
b) the Emulex or Qlogic HBA-based failover.

I have heard mostly good things about (a) even though I dont have a lot
of production experience with it myself. It seems the trend is to move
away from vendor/array and HBA-based multipathing towards OS-based
multipathing, be it Windows or Linux.