Re: [Linux-cluster] CS4 U2 / crash when "less /proc/cluster/status"

Patrick Caulfield wrote:
less reads the start of the file in a small chunk (64 bytes I think) and the code in proc_cluster_status doesn't stop when it
reaches the 'length' parameter (slapped wrist).

That routine should really be changed to use seq_file like the rest of them.

It probably used to be OK, but more and more stuff has been added to the /proc file over time and it's a lot bigger than it used to be !
Patrick,

Yeah, that's how I'd fix it. The other proc files that use seq_file don't panic, so it probably will work.

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Cluster Suite