[Linux-cluster] Multiple Logical Volumes

Robert Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Thu Oct 26 23:00:46 UTC 2006

isplist at logicore.net wrote:
> Interesting.. everything's gone now? I changed and now all volume groups have
> disappeared. I'm guessing I've lost all my data?
>
> I changed things as follows;
>
> From;
>
> # gfs_tool sb /dev/rimfire/rimfire table
> current lock table name = "vgcomp:gfs1"
>
> # gfs_tool sb /dev/storec/web table
> current lock table name = "vgcomp:gfs1"
>
> # gfs_tool sb /dev/storeb/qm table
> current lock table name = "vgcomp:gfs1"
>
> To;
>
> gfs_tool sb /dev/storeb/qm table qm:gfs1
> gfs_tool sb /dev/storec/web table web:gfs1
> gfs_tool sb /dev/rimfire/rimfire table rim:gfs1

Hi,

Well  gfs_tool should be used on the gfs blocks INSIDE of the logical
volumes,
which are inside the volume groups, which are all part of lvm.
So perhaps the problem is that you specified the physical devices rather
than
the logical volumes.  I'm very sorry if I misled you here.  You want to
do something like this:

gfs_tool sb /dev/VolGroup03/lvol0 table qm:gfs1

Where /dev/VolGroup03/lvol0 is a logical volume defined to be in a
volume group
VolGroup03, which contains the physical volumes that correspond to your
hardware.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Cluster Suite