Re: [Linux-cluster] CS4 U2 & U4 / crash when "less /proc/cluster/status"

Is there already a patch number somewhere for U4 ?
Thanks
Alain Moullé

Patrick Caulfield wrote:

>> less reads the start of the file in a small chunk (64 bytes I think) and the
code in proc_cluster_status doesn't stop when it
>> reaches the 'length' parameter (slapped wrist).
>>
>> That routine should really be changed to use seq_file like the rest of them.
>>
>> It probably used to be OK, but more and more stuff has been added to the
/proc file over time and it's a lot bigger than it used to be !

Patrick,

Yeah, that's how I'd fix it.  The other proc files that use seq_file
don't panic, so it probably will work.

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Cluster Suite