Re: [Linux-cluster] Multiple Logical Volumes

Robert,

> Given that all boxes can see the shared storage, I guess I'd recommend
> making
> a separate file system for each diskless client's root partition.  That
> way, each can't
> interfere with one another's root fs.
You can put your complete shared root partition onto gfs.
Each server has ist own part on the sharedroot where hostdependent files can
be stored.
You can boot the kernel from a shared storage device.
have a look at the mini-howto:
http://www.open-sharedroot.org/documentation/the-opensharedroot-mini-howto/

> You could also look at:
> http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/faq.html#gfs_diskless
The url mentioned in that faq should be  http://www.open-sharedroot.org/

I also had a speech about that at the redhat summit. Maybe it can be found on
the summit homepage ?

Mark
--
Gruss / Regards,

Dipl.-Ing. Mark Hlawatschek
http://www.atix.de/
http://www.open-sharedroot.org/

**
ATIX - Ges. fuer Informationstechnologie und Consulting mbH
Einsteinstr. 10 - 85716 Unterschleissheim - Germany