[Linux-cluster] Multiple Roots

This might be a long shot but... is there a way of taking a single GFS
filesystem and creating multiple roots that only certain machines in the
cluster will see?

I'm almost sure I read somewhere that there is a way to do this. The reason
is,

I keep having to separate my storage up and I would much rather maintain one
large storage array (contiguous) and dole out the space as needed to the
various applications.

That is an inherent part of fibre channel storage which is what I'm using so
assume it can be done with GFS.

If I didn't explain some part correctly, by all means, just ask.

Thanks much for any input on this.

Mike