[Linux-cluster] CMAN and interface

O'Sullivan, Damian damian.osullivan at hp.com
Tue Sep 5 12:50:23 UTC 2006

Hi,

How do I ensure that CMAN uses a specific interface? I have a 2 node
cluster with 6 ethernet interfaces. I have a cross over cable beween the
2 eth0 interfaces on both nodes. All other interfaces are connected to a
common switch with VLANs for each interface. When this switch is
reloaded/rebooted the nodes try to fence each other and soon as the
switch comes back each node is shutdown by the fencing agent.

I see there is a way with multicast but is that the only way and how
does one set up addresses for this?

Thanks,

D.