[Linux-cluster] data journaling for increased performance

has anyone been able to use GFS data journaling to get any measurable performance boost? For those unfamiliar:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/csgfs/browse/rh-gfs-en/s1-manage-data-journal.html

We have a 2.6 TB maildir mail store (e.g. lots of small files) and think of implementing it (we will take any performance increase we can get as long as it does not impact reliability), and even though it will only apply to new files.

Also, is it possible to check if the inherit_jdata (for directories) or jdata (for files) flag has been set?

Riaan
begin:vcard
fn:Riaan van Niekerk
n:van Niekerk;Riaan
org:Obsidian Systems;Obsidian Red Hat Consulting
email;internet:riaan obsidian co za
title:Systems Architect
tel;work:+27 11 792 6500
tel;fax:+27 11 792 6522