[Linux-cluster] Is IPMI fencing considered certified by Red Hat?

Hello friends,

Regarding Red Hat Cluster Suite and/or GFS, could someone from Red Hat please tell me if the use of IPMI embedded devices from the servers' motherboards is officially certified by Red Hat?

I'd like to have this information so that we can recommend (or not) to customers the use of IPMI as a secure form of fencing.

We had some bad experiences recently on some servers where only one of the onboard NICs listened to the IPMI over LAN packets, so it appeared to us that sometimes IPMI is not that safe as a fence device. Of course the Cluster software will assume nothing when the fencing fails, but the bad thing is that there is no automatic failover on this situation.

Thank you all,

Celso.
--
*Celso Kopp Webber*

celso webbertek com br <mailto:celso webbertek com br>

*Webbertek - Opensource Knowledge*
(41) 8813-1919
(41) 3284-3035

--
Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo sistema de antivĂ­rus e
acredita-se estar livre de perigo.