Re: [Linux-cluster] system-config-cluster problem

Hi Matteo,

Sorry for the scary warning. I will look at this issue this morning.

Before the s-c-cluster app reads in a cluster.conf, it runs the file against 'xmllint --relaxng' and checks for errors. A bad cluster.conf file could wreak havoc in the GUI. Sometimes errors creep in from hand editing, but they can also occur if we have missed an xml construct we use in the schema file. I'll let you know what is up. Unfortunately, the relaxNG error messages are not very descriptive, but they improve with every release of the validation checker.

Thanks for sending your conf file.

-J

Matteo Catanese wrote:

I've setup a cluster some month ago.

Cluster is working , but still not in production.

Today, after summer break, i did all the updates for my rhat and CS

First i disabled all services, then i patched one machine and rebooted, then the other one and rebooted.

Cluster works perfectly:

[root lvzbe1 ~]# uname -a
Linux lvzbe1.lavazza.it 2.6.9-42.0.2.ELsmp #1 SMP Thu Aug 17 18:00:32 EDT 2006 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
[root lvzbe1 ~]# clustat -v
clustat version 1.9.53
Connected via: CMAN/SM Plugin v1.1.7.1
[root lvzbe1 ~]# clustat
Member Status: Quorate

  Member Name                              Status
  ------ ----                              ------
  lvzbe1                                   Online, Local, rgmanager
  lvzbe2                                   Online, rgmanager

  Service Name         Owner (Last)                   State
  ------- ----         ----- ------                   -----
  oracle               lvzbe1                         started
[root lvzbe1 ~]#

But when i try to run system-config-cluster,it pops out:

Poorly Formed XML error
A problem was encoutered while reading configuration file /etc/ cluster/clluster.conf. Details or the error appear below. Click the "New" button to create a new configuration file.
To continue anyway(Not Recommended!), click the "ok" button.

Relax-NG validity error : Extra element rm in interleave
/etc/cluster/cluster.conf:35: element rm: Relax-NG validity error : Element cluster failed to validate content
/etc/cluster/cluster.conf fails to validate

I clicked the "cancel" button, to not to damage all.

Conf file is immutated since Jul 13 2006

Matteo