Re: [Linux-cluster] power controller is interal/loss of pwer prevents failover: any ideas

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 at 21:14 -0700, Rick Rodgers wrote:
Yes I was, but if the power controller is down (unreachable)
 and the system (node)  is hung how can these fence anything?
 By pulling the plug you loose both and you can not be sure of anything
 since you can not successfully issue a power cycle command.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "if the power controller is
down". These systems can be configured with redundant power supplies
and if both power supplies fail then there's not anything you can do
to fence a system.

 Thanks for your input though.

sure, np

- Ken