Re: [Linux-cluster] Question about using Lock manager

hi
I am new in GFS concept and  planning to use RHEL4 GFS
to immplement clustering.My SAN is HDS 9585 and I have
4 HS-20 web servers and 2 IBM HS20 ftp servers.
My question is about the place of lock amanger in this
configuration.
Should I set up lock manager on a separate host or
would it be possible to have a node with both roles of
lock manager and apache ? please let me know the
impact of having a node with both roles ?
If I should set up Lock manager and its RLM on
different nodes please let me know the best
configuration .

I would recommend using lock_dlm. With lock_dlm, each node manages locks for the files it uses. Hope this helps.

Barry