[Linux-cluster] Some newbie questions

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Wed Sep 13 06:34:52 UTC 2006

On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 09:44:27PM -0700, Dylan Vanderhoof wrote:

> This points me towards using DLM, of course, but in the initial install
> I only have a single node and will be adding other nodes in the fairly
> near future.  Can I transition from nolock to using DLM?  I would assume
> so, but I haven't seen anything indicating how that would be done.

Yes, this can be done (on an unmounted fs) using:

  gfs_tool sb <device> proto lock_dlm

Note that you better should add enough journals to the filesystem
when creating it.  You can add journals later, but only if there
is (enough) space left on the device after the filesystem, which
is normally not the case (if your filesystem occupies the whole
device).

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>