[Linux-cluster] Can't mount multiple GFS volumes?

I have a need for non contiguous storage and wish to mount multiple GFS
logical volumes. However, I cannot seem to get past this following error and
others related.

-Command
# mount -t gfs /dev/vgcomp/str1 /lvstr1
mount: File exists
[root dev new]#

-Error Log
Sep 12 16:22:22 dev kernel: GFS: Trying to join cluster "lock_dlm",
"vgcomp:gfscomp"
Sep 12 16:22:22 dev kernel: dlm: gfscomp: lockspace already in use
Sep 12 16:22:22 dev kernel: lock_dlm: new lockspace error -17
Sep 12 16:22:22 dev kernel: GFS: can't mount proto = lock_dlm, table =
vgcomp:gfscomp, hostdata =
Sep 12 16:22:23 dev hald[2168]: Timed out waiting for hotplug event 395.
Rebasing to 396

There are two physical drives attached to a FC network. I would like to have
access to each on their own, not as part of a single volume group of storage.

Anyone have some ideas, things I can try, to start getting closer to something
that works? I've tried all I can think of.

Running RHEL4 with all latest updates.
Let me know what info you need and I'll be happy to provide it of course.

Thank you.

Mike