Re: [Linux-cluster] cluster.conf using brocade

On Wed, 2006-09-13 at 21:34 -0500, isplist logicore net wrote:
> The nodes are all connected into a compaq FC hub. That hub is then connected
> into a brocade switch. I'd like to use the brocade switch as the fencing
> device.

Sadly, that won't work.  The fence script for brocade instructs it to
turn off a specified port.  All your machines hook up to the switch
through a single port.  So when a node acts up, you disconnect ALL of
your nodes nodes from the storage at the same time, since they all are
connected to port 0 (through the hub).

For SAN fabric fencing to work, each server needs to be connected to the
brocade switch on it's own switch port.

Thanks,
Eric