[Linux-cluster] Reinitilize a LUN

Roger Peña Escobio orkcu at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 15 15:37:16 UTC 2006

--- "Brown, Rodrick R"
<rodrick.r.brown at bofasecurities.com> wrote:

> How does one reinitlize LUN's on a system w/o
> rebooting in Linux on
> Solaris I usually use luxadm -e forcelip
> /path/blah/foo

there is a wonderfull document:
http://people.redhat.com/nayfield/storage/RHEL4Storage.html

from where I highlight this:

If you need re-do a SCSI scan, you can do

echo "- - -" > /sys/class/scsi_host/host0/scan

Where host0 is replaced by the HBA you wish to use.
You also can do a fabric rediscover like this:

echo “1” > /sys/class/fc_host/host0/issue_lip
echo "- - -" > /sys/class/scsi_host/host0/scan

This will send a LIP (loop initialization primitive)
to the fabric.

cu
roger