[Linux-cluster] Fencing with SUN X4100

Huesser Peter peter.huesser at psi.ch
Sun Sep 17 22:32:46 UTC 2006

Hello

Does somebody has any experience with fencing of SUN X4100 machines ?
They use the Sun Integrated Lights Out Manager. For example I just tried
to remotely reboot the system using the following command:

            fence_ilo -a server_con -l loginname -v -p my_passwort -o
reboot

where "server_con" is the management console of the server I want to
reboot. Put I just get something like

ssl module: Net::SSL

opening connection to server_con:443

SEND: <?xml version="1.0"?>

READ:(29,1) HTTP/1.1 400 Page not found

READ:(33,1) Server: Sun-ILOM-Web-Server/1.0

READ:(32,1) Date: Tue Sep 13 19:54:37 2005

READ:(43,1) Pragma: no-cache

Cache-Control: no-cache

READ:(25,1) Content-Type: text/html

READ:(2,1)

found</title></head>

unable to detect RIBCL version

back. Any idea where I did wrong ?

Of course I want to let the fence daemon do the job at a later time.
Maybe somebody already has a working cluster.conf file (with the
appropriate fencing section).

Thanks'

            Pedro