RE: [Linux-cluster] Cannot restart service after "failed" state

You were right with the check of the error log. I should have read it more carefully before writing to the group. The problem was with one of the scripts. What I was curious was that after a restart of both of the serves I had the same problem again. But I have to reformulate my problem and want to start a new thread.

Thanks

            Pedro

From: linux-cluster-bounces redhat com [mailto:linux-cluster-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Jeff Stoner
Sent: Freitag, 22. September 2006 18:27
To: linux clustering
Subject: RE: [Linux-cluster] Cannot restart service after "failed" state

Check for errors in the logs files for the service itself (you didn't say exactly what it is) and in /var/log/message for Cluster-related messages for more specific information about why it won't start. We can't help very much without knowing what is wrong.

--Jeff
SME - UNIX
OpSource Inc.

PGP Key ID 0x6CB364CA

I have defined a web-services (for testing it contains an IP and two script resources). I sometimes happens that I produce failed state of the cluster. After this I am not able to restart the service anymore. Even after a reboot of all (two) clustermembers it is not possible. Do I have to remove by hand some kind of “lock” file.