[Linux-cluster] When is a failed node fenced

Hello

Maybe I do not understand the concept of fencing in the right way. I created a two node cluster with a webservice running on it. The failover works fine now. I also configured a fencing device (ipmilan). Fencing by hand works also fine (using a command like: “fence_ipmilan –a server_con –l loginname –p my_passwort –o off”) but if I initiate a failover on one of the nodes I expect the services to switch to the other node (which works) and to let this node shutdown the failed node. The second does not happen. Any idea?

Thanks

            Pedro