Re: [Linux-cluster] Different Distros: GFS

isplist logicore net wrote:
I thought I read long ago when starting with GFS that in order to make a cluster function, you needed to have the same versions across the nodes.
However, does that also mean that I could use different distributions?

I have cases where I need to use different Linux versions, RHEL and CentOS but need them all to be in the cluster. Is that an issue?

Mike
Hi Mike,

In theory, mixing distros shouldn't matter.  It's also okay to mix
architectures (some 32-bit, some 64-bit, etc)...of course, if you
have some 32-bit nodes, your GFS would then be limited to 16TB.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Cluster Suite