[Linux-cluster] Making a cloned clustered VG mountable on a backup media server?

I am having problems making a clustered VG visible on a backup media server.

The originating RHEL cluster issues the CLARiiON cloning process, and it completes successfully, to another volume.  That clone volume LUN is visible to the backup media server (outside of the cluster) only.

Q1: What do I need to do on the backup media server's LVM to activate this newly-made VG?  vgscan --mknodes is not helping any, but I do see some SCSI references, i.e., /dev/sdz to its 420GB sized disk.  Is there a safe way to vgexport / vgimport the original VG map to this server?

Q2: I loaded GFS software on the backup media server, so do I need to modify the VG's lvols superblock to a changed PROTO value of nolock to make it mountable for backup?

Thanks.

Robert Hurst, Sr. Caché Administrator
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
1135 Tremont Street, REN-7
Boston, Massachusetts   02120-2140
617-754-8754 ∙ Fax: 617-754-8730 ∙ Cell: 401-787-3154