[Linux-cluster] /proc/cluster gone?

Patrick Caulfield pcaulfie at redhat.com
Thu Apr 12 12:40:11 UTC 2007

Marc Curry wrote:
> I see in RHEL5.0 that /proc/cluster is now gone.  Were the tunables that
> were in there moved into the XML, other, or are they gone?  (e.g.
> hello_timer, deadnode_timer, ...).

They are all gone. Partly because the cluster manager is in user space, but
mainly because they don't make any sense in the RHEL5 cluster manager.

RHEL5 cluster is based on openais. You can tweak the openais configuration
variables in cluster.conf (as you can with RHEL4 actually).

see http://people.redhat.com/pcaulfie/docs/aiscman.pdf and the man page for
openais.conf

--
Patrick

Registered Address: Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street,
Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 ITE, UK.
Registered in England and Wales under Company Registration No. 3798903