[Linux-cluster] clvm problems with multiple clusters in same vlan

Ramon van Alteren ramon at vanalteren.nl
Thu Apr 26 14:52:07 UTC 2007

Hi Patrick,

Patrick Caulfield wrote:
> This sounds unlikely. clvmd can only talk to other clvmds in the same cluster -
> it has no way of communicating outside the cluster on a cman system.

clvmd picks up on volumegroups belonging to the other cluster.
I was under the understanding that clvmd communicated through ccsd
libraries with other cluster members and
should never pick up any clustered volume groups outside the cluster.

Yet this is what we are seeing.
>> The sympotoms are:
>>
>> node fails on reboot with hung clvmd daemon
>> no output from clvmd even when started with debug  (clvmd -d)
>>
>> versions:
>> Cluster LVM daemon version: 2.02.09 (2006-08-17)
>> Protocol version:           0.2.1
>>
>> cman_tool 1.03.00 (built Oct 19 2006 10:58:21)
>> Copyright (C) Red Hat, Inc.  2004  All rights reserved.
>>
>> ccsd 1.03.00 (built Oct 19 2006 10:58:17)
>> Copyright (C) Red Hat, Inc.  2004  All rights reserved.
>>
>> The node does join the cman cluster group and the defined fence group.
>> If the second cluster is shutdown nodes reboot without problems.
>>

> Is there a clvmd lockspace? if not it might be something simple like the cluster
> not having quorum.

Nope, both clusters have quorum, one is a 5 node cluster with one node
down.
The other is a 3-node cluster with no nodes down.

How do I check for clvmd lockspace ? Is there a utility or proc / sys
entry where I can find out the clvm lockspace ?

Regards,

Ramon