[Linux-cluster] clvm problems with multiple clusters in same vlan

Patrick Caulfield pcaulfie at redhat.com
Fri Apr 27 08:01:14 UTC 2007

Ramon van Alteren wrote:
> Patrick Caulfield wrote:
>> cman_tool services will show you the lockspaces (amongst other things)
>>

> It's showing multiple lockspaces:
>
> DLM Lock Space:  "clvmd"                             2   3 run       -
> [2 3 5 1 4]
>
> This would be the clvmd lockspace then ?

yes it is.

> The once below correspond to the 4 gfs logical volumes we mount from
> this particular shared storage
>
> DLM Lock Space:  "e1.1-lv"                           3   4 run       -
> [2 3 5 1 4]
>
> DLM Lock Space:  "e1.2"                              5   6 run       -
> [2 3 5 1 4]
>
> DLM Lock Space:  "e2.1-lv"                           7   8 run       -
> [2 3 5 1 4]
>
> DLM Lock Space:  "e2.2"                              9  10 run       -
> [2 3 5 1 4]
>
> I suspect that the other cluster uses the same clvmd lockspace "clvmd"
> How do we set a different clvm lockspace on the other, currently
> disabled cluster ?

It will be a different clvmd lockspace. Different cluster share nothing between
them because they don't intercommunicate. so a lockspace called 'clvmd' on one
cluster is completely independent of every other lockspace called 'clvmd' on
other clusters.

--
Patrick

Registered Address: Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street,
Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 ITE, UK.
Registered in England and Wales under Company Registration No. 3798903