[Linux-cluster] I/O Error management in GFS

Hello all,

>From what i understand of the GFS1 source code, I/O error are not
managed : when an I/O error happens, either it exits the locking
protocol's cluster (Gulm or CMAN), or sometimes it asserts/panics.

Anyway, most of the time, the node that got an I/O error must be
rebooted (file system layer is instable) and the device must be checked
and the file system must be fsck'ed.

Are there any plans for a cleaner management of I/O errors in GFS1,
like, say, remount in R/O mode with -EIO returned to apps, or even
better, advanced features like relocation mechanisms ? Is it planned in
GFS2 ?

Thanks,

--
Mathieu