Re: [Linux-cluster] rsync via GFS

Dmitriy MiksIr napisaƂ(a):
> Hi! I want to sync nodes by run rsync from GFS shared storage to node's
> filesystem. But preparing of rsync filelist is very slow (due "stat"
> trouble?). Is any suggestions to sync nodes or tune rsync?

Hello,

a) Disable quota, it will increase performance at least 2-3 times:
gfs_tool settune /gfs quota_account 0
b) Rsync have to create a lock for each file so You could try to
increase /proc/cluster/lock_dlm/drop_count
c) Mount GFS filesystem with noatime flag.
d) Create direcotries with small number of files - stat() will be faster

Best Regards
Maciej Bogucki