[Linux-cluster] Using mysql cluster with GFS on RHEL 4

Maciej Bogucki maciej.bogucki at artegence.com
Thu Aug 9 13:49:33 UTC 2007

St0rM napisał(a):
> Excuse me if i drag this dead (mail) body from the water of november 2006...
>
>>> So with myisam tables I can do active/active on the same database
>>> with shared data? Or is it the inram database that is shared-nothing?
>
>> That is correct, with MyISAM tables, you can have active/active on GFS
>> storage.

Did somebody test it in production?

> ... And if I use InnoDB?
>
> What happen if I have two separate servers connecter with a SCSI
> storage, using GFS, having the two MySQL server using a datadir on a
> shared mounted partition residing on the storage ?

It will not work, because InnoDB isn't impemented to be clustered
storage engine.
Please check http://www.mysql.com/products/cluster/ with NDB engine
stored in RAM or wait for stable MySQL 5.1 which from version 5.1.6[1]
supports "Cluster Disk Data Tables"

[1] - http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/mysql-cluster-disk-data.html

Best Regards
Maciej Bogucki