Re: [Linux-cluster] Add a fence device of type SUN ILOM

Quentin Arce wrote:

My machines are SUN Fire X4100. I see that we can define a fence
device of type HP ILO. I would like to know if I can use the HP ILO
form in system-config-cluster tool to enter and use a SUN ILOM as
fence device?

How does ILOM work? telnet or ssh? Is there an snmp interface to ILOM?
If so, there might be a way...by hacking on another agent.

So, I'm a lurker on this list as I no longer have a cluster up... but I work on ILOM and I would love to see this work. This isn't official support, I'm a developer not a customer support person. So, it's more on my time. If there is anything I can do... Please let me know. Questions on this problem, regarding what ILOM can / can't do, how to check state of the server via ILOM, etc.

Quentin! That is very kind of you. If you help with the ILOM protocol, I'll help with the agent/script. This thread could form a document on how to write an arbitrary fence agent for use with rhcs.

Where is documentation available? Generally, three things are needed from a baseboard management device in order to use it for fencing: 1) A way to shut the system down, 2) a way to power the system up, and 3) a way to check if it is up or down.

What means can a script use to communicate with the ILOM card? Are there big delta's in the protocol between different ILOM versions?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-J