[Linux-cluster] add journal to GFS

Glen Dosey doseyg at r-networks.net
Sat Aug 11 02:11:45 UTC 2007

I realize it's not normally a big deal, but if you don't want to have
too many luns and pvs floating around you should be able to add another
LUN of say 180GB, followed by a pvcreate, vgextend, pvmove, vgreduce,
lvextend and gfs_jadd. You'll have 30GB of unallocated disk space
available for the journal as well as 150GB for the gfs filesystem
previously created on the prior (now removed) LUN.