RE: [Linux-cluster] gfs2 doc and performance question

On Wed, 2007-08-15 at 12:46 -0400, Mahmoud Hanafi wrote:

> The man page you point out is for gfs1. The man page for mkfs.gfs2
> doesn't have the "-b" option for blocksize. That goes to my point
> about documentation.
>
> -Mahmoud
>
> Mahmoud Hanafi

Hi Mahmoud,

The latest mkfs.gfs2 in cvs has the -b option again, but
I'm not sure which packages that change made it in to.
I might be suggest a package if you tell me what platform,
otherwise you can build it from the source.
We temporarily disabled it while we were working on
alternate block sizes.

If you're going to use alternate block sizes, you should
make sure the gfs2 kernel module you're using will support
it properly.  Are you compiling the gfs2 kernel code from
the nmw git tree?  Or are you just using an installed package?

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Cluster Suite