[Linux-cluster] gfs2 doc and performance question

Mahmoud Hanafi mhanafi at csc.com
Thu Aug 16 02:16:57 UTC 2007

I am using the current kernel.org kernel with gfs2 (2.6.22.2).

What about documentation? for example is there any doc describing
gfs2_tool tuning option?

Mahmoud Hanafi
Sr. System Administrator
CSC HPC COE
Bld. 676
2435 Fifth Street
WPAFB, Ohio 45433
(937) 255-1536

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of
e-mail for such purpose.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob Peterson <rpeterso at redhat.com>
Sent by: linux-cluster-bounces at redhat.com
08/15/2007 01:14 PM
Please respond to
rpeterso at redhat.com; Please respond to
linux clustering <linux-cluster at redhat.com>

linux clustering <linux-cluster at redhat.com>
cc
linux-cluster-bounces at redhat.com
Subject
RE: [Linux-cluster] gfs2 doc and performance question

On Wed, 2007-08-15 at 12:46 -0400, Mahmoud Hanafi wrote:

> The man page you point out is for gfs1. The man page for mkfs.gfs2
> doesn't have the "-b" option for blocksize. That goes to my point
> about documentation.
>
> -Mahmoud
>
> Mahmoud Hanafi

Hi Mahmoud,

The latest mkfs.gfs2 in cvs has the -b option again, but
I'm not sure which packages that change made it in to.
I might be suggest a package if you tell me what platform,
otherwise you can build it from the source.
We temporarily disabled it while we were working on
alternate block sizes.

If you're going to use alternate block sizes, you should
make sure the gfs2 kernel module you're using will support
it properly.  Are you compiling the gfs2 kernel code from
the nmw git tree?  Or are you just using an installed package?

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Cluster Suite