From: linux-cluster-bounces redhat com on behalf of Alexandre Racine
Sent: Wed 2007-08-15 12:52
To: linux-cluster redhat com
Subject: [Linux-cluster] dlm Invalid module format

Hi people,

I am having difficulties to startup gfs with Gentoo.
I am currently running 2.6.20-gentoo-r8 with "GFS2 file system support". I have try with or without "GFS2 "nolock" locking module" and "GFS2 DLM locking module" but it is always the same result.

When starting dlm, I get this :

+ /etc/init.d/dlm start
FATAL: Error inserting dlm (/lib/modules/2.6.20-gentoo-r8/kernel/cluster/dlm.ko): Invalid module format
 * Failed to load dlm kernel module                                                        [ !! ]

Looking from dmesg gives this error : "dlm: exports duplicate symbol dlm_new_lockspace (owned by kernel)"

Does someone have any ideas what is happening here? Thanks.

Alexandre Racine
Projets spéciaux
514-461-1300 poste 3304
alexandre racine mhicc org