Re: [Linux-cluster] Multicast

Patricio A. Bruna wrote:
> Hi,
> Does cluster suite use Multicast in Red Hat 5?
> If is so, how can i test my Switchs allow multicast traffic?

The switches that I tested allow multicast traffic by default.
You can test it by running some programs that uses multicast address, like :
- ping 224.0.0.1. Note that by default RHEL ignores broadcast pings, so
you might need to run
"sysctl -w net.ipv4.icmp_echo_ignore_broadcasts=0 " first
- http://www.jgroups.org/javagroupsnew/docs/manual/html/ch02.html#d0e455

Regards,

Fajar