Re: [Linux-cluster] NFS failover problem

So what should I do to get rid of that error? Any ideas?

J. Bruce Fields wrote:
On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 03:45:22PM +0200, kieran JOYEUX wrote:
For the moment the two nfs share's content are the same. I use scp to copy them. It's static so i did it just once.

So, you just did something like this?:

	scp -r /shares/someshare/ otherserver:/shares/

To resolve that NFS file handle error, i mounted the share with a static fsid for each client.

That's not enough.

Unfortunately, even with a FSID, i still have an error during the failover while copying from the NFS share to client's local disk...

cp: reading `/usr/local/genome/1Go.txt': Input/output error
cp: reading `/usr/local/genome/1Go.tyt': Input/output error
cp: cannot stat `/usr/local/genome/1Go.tzt': Permission denied

That's expected.  You can't just copy the files across with scp, or
rsync, or tar.

--b.