Re: [Linux-cluster] NFS and gfs problems

We just downgraded to versions 1.0.3 with some cvs updates kernel 2.6.17.4 and nfs-kernel-server 1.0.6.

Now we can run vim/tar/bonnie++ and other unix utilities without any problem.

With this version we experienced problems when the gfs filesystems becomimg full the nfsd daemons will fail and to the load of the machine becomes equal to number of nfsd daemoms and the system is unresponsive.

Regards

Bas van der Vlies wrote:
gfs version 1.0.4
kernel 2.6.20.16
nfs-common/etch uptodate 1:1.0.10-6+etch.1
nfs-kernel-server/etch uptodate 1:1.0.10-6+etch.1

We have a five node fileserver cluster. The GFS file system works
perfectly, but on our clients we have major problems. See examples below

Do other people see this problems and is there a solution for this problem?

bas gb2-r39n16:~$ vim j
E72: Close error on swap filebas gb2-r39n16:~$

bas gb2-r39n16:~$ tar cvf bin.tar bin
bin/
bin/mpicc-wrapper-data.txt
bin/mpiexec
bin/setmvapich
bin/modenv
bin/jobnodes
bin/SMclient
bin/ssh
tar: bin.tar: Warning: Cannot close: Invalid argument
bas gb2-r39n16:~$

bas gb2-r39n16:~$ /usr/sbin/bonnie++
Writing with putc()...done
Writing intelligently...done
Rewriting...Can't read a full block, only got 3944 bytes.
Can't read a full block, only got 8040 bytes.
Can't read a full block, only got 3944 bytes.
Can't read a full block, only got 8040 bytes.
Can't read a full block, only got 3944 bytes.
Can't read a full block, only got 3944 bytes.
Can't read a full block, only got 3944 bytes.
Can't read a full block, only got 8040 bytes.
Bad seek offset
Error in seek(0)

*  Bas van der Vlies                     e-mail: basv sara nl      *