[Linux-cluster] gfs_grow

Ben Yarwood ben.yarwood at juno.co.uk
Tue Aug 28 15:54:18 UTC 2007

Sorry for the blank message.

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately the file system is part of a back end for a website which is permanently in use so taking it
offline overnight is not really an option.  We do have a virtually live backup copy so I will get this fully synchronised and then
try the gfs_fsck process you suggested.

As a quick solution, I think I'll just unmount the file system from all nodes and run gfs_fsck until I see pass one start then kill
it.  Hopefully the problem will have been solved.  If this doesn't work, I'll mount the backup and run the full gfs_fsck.  If that
doesn't work, I'll rebuild the whole file system.

Regarding gfs_grow, in my experience it often/always fails when the file system which is being grown is in use.  Previously I have
just waited until it fails and then run it again once I have stopped any process that is accessing the particular file system.  I'm
not sure what possessed me to hit <ctrl-c>, not my finest moment!

Regards
Ben