Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS with Dell MD3000?

On Tue, 2007-08-28 at 13:13 -0700, Christopher McCrory wrote:
Hello...

On Tue, 2007-08-28 at 13:41 -0500, Ryan O'Hara wrote:
> Christopher McCrory wrote:
> >
> >   Has anyone tried GFS with the Dell MD3000 array?  This is a SAS
> > hardware raid array that can support four server connections including
> > shared access.  (very nice piece of hardware).  I have no experience
> > with GFS (yet).
>
> Yes. I've tested GFS with this array using the mptsas drivers that are
> shipped with RHEL5. Works fine.

I have a rather large collection of static files that I serve up with
apache.  I would like to take one MD3000 to connect to four servers.
Mark one as read/write for updating and the other three as readonly.  I
realize with GFS any could write, but I would like it to be as simple as
possible.

The MD3000 we used has two controllers in a active/passive configuration.  This only allows you to connect two nodes to the array to use it in a GFS configuration.

What kind of fencing did you use?  Or is the MD3000 able to handle that
part?

Fencing needs to be done separate from the storage array.

Kevin