Re: [Linux-cluster] Re: Nodes show up extremely slowly (or not at all)

Nikolas Lam wrote:
On Fri, 2007-08-24 at 15:12 +0200, Kadlecsik Jozsi wrote:
On Fri, 24 Aug 2007, Kadlecsik Jozsi wrote:

It took 13 minutes(!) for 'lsxerv0' to notice 'lxserv1'.
It turned out to be a switch-related multicast problem: openais used the default(?) address, while the switch strangely enough passes the 224.0.0.x addresses only. So by setting the multicast address in
cluster.conf explicitly to cured the problem.

Hi Jozsef,

I think I might be having similar problems. However I seem to be unable
to specify a multicast address manually using conga / luci (the web
based tool). When I press "apply" I see the reconfiguration happening,
but when I look at my cluster.conf, there's no multicast address in

I reported this one a few days ago and it's been fixed.
As you discovered the workaround is to manually configure
the multicast address the first time.