Re: [Linux-cluster] Re: Nodes show up extremely slowly (or not at all)

Nikolas Lam wrote:
On Fri, 2007-08-24 at 15:12 +0200, Kadlecsik Jozsi wrote:
On Fri, 24 Aug 2007, Kadlecsik Jozsi wrote:

It took 13 minutes(!) for 'lsxerv0' to notice 'lxserv1'.
It turned out to be a switch-related multicast problem: openais used the default(?) 239.192.6.53 address, while the switch strangely enough passes the 224.0.0.x addresses only. So by setting the multicast address in
cluster.conf explicitly to 224.0.0.3 cured the problem.

Hi Jozsef,

I think I might be having similar problems. However I seem to be unable
to specify a multicast address manually using conga / luci (the web
based tool). When I press "apply" I see the reconfiguration happening,
but when I look at my cluster.conf, there's no multicast address in
there:

I reported this one a few days ago and it's been fixed.
As you discovered the workaround is to manually configure
the multicast address the first time.

Stuart