[Linux-cluster] Re: fence_xvmd doesn't starts under rhel5.1

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Mon Dec 3 21:57:23 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 17:54 +0100, jr wrote:
> did someone fix this issue? (cman starting before xend thus not starting
> fence_xvmd?)
> regards,
> johannes
>
> Am Mittwoch, den 14.11.2007, 17:28 +0100 schrieb carlopmart:
> [snip]
> > Thanks Lon, I have tried it, but fence_xvmd doesn't starts automatically using
> > cman script. I think error is the same than on rhel 5.0, when cman startup
> > script checks if xen is available using this: xm list --long 2> /dev/null | grep
> > -q "Domain-0" || return 1

For now, just put fence_xvmd in /etc/rc.d/rc.local

File a bug against cman and assign it to me.  It fell off my radar.  It
looks like basically, we should -

* start fence_xvmd if enabled in the config (don't do the xm list check)

* fence_xvmd should wait (maybe for some timeout - 5 minutes?  10
minutes?) for xend to come up, and die if it doesn't start (so as to not
keep running for no reason).

What do people think is reasonable for a /default/ timeout-on-startup of
fence_xvmd?

-- Lon