[Linux-cluster] CS5 two-nodes with quorum disk : which votes values ?

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Mon Dec 10 16:07:31 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 11:12 +0100, Alain Moulle wrote:
> Hi

> <quorumd interval="1" tko="10" votes="2" log_level="9" log_facility="local4"
> status_file="/tmp/qdisk_status" label="QUORUMDISK">

* votes="1"
* Get rid of status_file after you're done debugging.

> </quorumd>
> <cman expected_votes="2" two_node="0"/>

expected_votes="3"

> And in all cases, I can't launch cman on the first node without avoiding an
> automatic fence of second node after a while, and then cman accepts to run
> on the first node (at least in both first cases 2/3 and 1/3, for 1/2 and 2/2

Qdiskd does not and can not prevent CMAN from fencing the dead portion
of the cluster during startup.

> I've stop cman before it fences the secund node as I saw in syslog that
> it was about to fence in a while ...)
>
> Note that I do "service qdiskd start" after the "service cman start" and when
> this last one is stalled a moment in fencing phase, because the qdisk man gives
> in Limitations chapter : "cman must be running before the qdisk program can start"

Not true anymore as of 5.1, but changing the order will not prevent cman
from fencing the dead node.

<fenced clean_start="1" /> will prevent fencing dead nodes on startup,
but is dangerous to use.

-- Lon