[Linux-cluster] with gfs2, permission denied on first attempt to run an executable

I'm running a two cluster system with both nodes RHEL 5.1. I have shared gfs2 filesystems on a SAN storage device.

Everything seems to work except for the first time I attempt to run an executable on one of the gfs2 filesystems. The first time I get "permission denied", but all subsequent attempts work as expected. If I unmount and mount the filesystem, again the "permission denied" problem returns just for the first time I try to execute the file.

I'm using lock_dlm with 4 journals. Is there anything I can check/change to diagnose this problem. I see no message in /var/log/messages corresponding to the "permission denied" problem.