Re: [Linux-cluster] with gfs2, permission denied on first attempt to run an executable

The problem always occurs when I do this:

$ umount /storage2; mount /dev/emcpowerc1 /storage2;  /storage2/program
bash: /storage2/program: Permission denied
$

If I do:
umount /storage2;mount /dev/emcpowerc1 /storage2; strace /storage2/program

I get a very long strace output AND the program does run, thus the strace doesn't show where the problem is.

Shawn Hood wrote:
Try running it along with an strace.  Compare the results from the
first and second attempts.

Shawn