Re: [Linux-cluster] Adding new file system caused problems

On Nov 30, 2007 7:05 PM, jr <johannes russek io-consulting net> wrote:
> This morning I created a 100GB volume on our storage unit and
> proceeded to make it available to the cluster so it could be served
> via NFS to a client on our network.  I used pvcreate and vgcreate as I
> always do and created a new volume group.  When I went to create the
> logical volume I saw this message:
> Error locking on node nfs1-cluster.nws.noaa.gov : Volume group for uuid
> not found:
> 9crOQoM3V0fcuZ1E2163k9vdRLK7njfvnIIMTLPGreuvGmdB1aqx6KR4t7mmDRDs

I can confirm this issue with Centos 5.1. When a new volume is added to the system, I can not create a lv. Not even clvmd -R helps, in order to create the logical volume I must reboot both servers in my two-node setup. It's insane that in order to add a volume I must reboot the whole cluster!

Regards

Mikko