Re: [Linux-cluster] Adding new file system caused problems

--- pcaulfie <pcaulfie redhat com> wrote:

> Mikko Partio wrote:
> >

> > On Nov 30, 2007 7:05 PM, jr
> <johannes russek io-consulting net
> > <mailto:johannes russek io-consulting net>> wrote:
> >
> >     > This morning I created a 100GB volume on our
> storage unit and
> >     > proceeded to make it available to the
> cluster so it could be served
> >     > via NFS to a client on our network.  I used
> pvcreate and vgcreate
> >     as I
> >     > always do and created a new volume group.
> When I went to create the
> >     > logical volume I saw this message:
> >     > Error locking on node
> nfs1-cluster.nws.noaa.gov
> >     <http://nfs1-cluster.nws.noaa.gov>: Volume
> group for uuid
> >     > not found:
> >     >

9crOQoM3V0fcuZ1E2163k9vdRLK7njfvnIIMTLPGreuvGmdB1aqx6KR4t7mmDRDs
> >     >
> >     >

> > I can confirm this issue with Centos 5.1. When a
> new volume is added to
> > the system, I can not create a lv. Not even clvmd
> -R helps, in order to
> > create the logical volume I must reboot both
> servers in my two-node
> > setup. It's insane that in order to add a volume I
> must reboot the whole
> > cluster!
>
> You should only need to restart clvmd, not the whole
> cluster.
>
> clvmd -R was buggy before 2.02.28, in fact it made
> things worse rather
> than better!

the new version is the one released in RHBA-2007-1096
?
I get a "file not found" when try to visit:
http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2007-1096.html

cu
roger

RedHat Certified ( RHCE )