Re: [Linux-cluster] Adding new file system caused problems

> I can confirm this issue with Centos 5.1. When a new volume is added to
> the system, I can not create a lv. Not even clvmd -R helps, in order to
> create the logical volume I must reboot both servers in my two-node
> setup. It's insane that in order to add a volume I must reboot the whole
> cluster!

You should only need to restart clvmd, not the whole cluster.

clvmd -R was buggy before 2.02.28, in fact it made things worse rather
than better!

But in order to restart clvmd I need to withdraw the node from the cluster (move all services to the other node and use cman_tool leave) which is essentially the same thing as rebooting the node right?

Are there any plans to fix clvmd -R?

Regards

Mikko